this is the most beautiful game i've ever played, without exaggeration. thank you two for the incredible experience <3
Anodyne 2: Return to Dust
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Rescue A Mysterious Island From A Mind-Warping Plague
Nano Dust infects the islanders of New Theland, distorting their emotions and desires. You play as Nova, a Nano Cleaner who must explore the island, seeking out the sick and shrinking inside their bodies to suction up the Dust.
Anodyne 2: Return to Dust combines the thrilling scale and cinematic storytelling of 3D games with the tight design and easy-to-pick-up satisfaction of 2D Zelda-like adventures. With art that re-imagines the PS1 and N64 era, explore 3D cities, valleys, and wastelands then shrink into the varied 2D mindscapes of characters, from snowy, aurora-lit valleys to perilous volcanic construction sites!
- In 3D, jump, drive, and walk across gorgeous and haunting locales, speaking with strange and memorable characters.
- In 2D, use your Nano Vacuum to collect dust, suck up and fight enemies, all while overcoming mind-bending challenges related to the characters’ inner lives.
- Experience the thrilling and emotional story of Nova. Her destiny is clear: she is the Nano Cleaner who will save New Theland. But strange characters & painful experiences will put her loyalty to the test...
- Choose where you want to go! The sweeping vistas of New Theland quickly open up to exploration.
- The Cards you find on your journey will allow you to access the outer reaches of New Theland.
- No waiting for horses! Instantly transform into a car to quickly drive around the world.
- Use your Spark to shrink into the bodies of the infected, explore the 2D Zelda-like dungeons within, and heal them.
- Enjoy the lush, dreamy and breathtaking 3D and 2D landscapes painted and pixeled by artist Marina Kittaka.
- Listen to over 50 new songs influenced by countless genres by Sean Han Tani, perfectly fitting the varied landscapes of Anodyne 2.
- A new game from the dream duo behind Anodyne 1, All Our Asias, and Even the Ocean.
A Lush, Surreal Lo-fi 3D and 2D World
Anodyne 2: Return to Dust uses modern technology to reimagine old 3D art of the PS1, PS2, and N64 era, as well as the 2D art of the GBA and SNES. Each area captures a strong visual mood, with new characters to meet and sights to see.
If you like exploring beautiful places and experiencing dramatic stories - Anodyne 2's world is ready for you to explore!
Do I need to play Anodyne 1?
Nope! Similar to the Final Fantasy franchise, there's no need to play the original Anodyne to understand the story in Anodyne 2: Return to Dust, but longtime fans will find connections between the two! If you'd like to check out both, you may want to purchase the Franchise Bundle!
Join our Discord to discuss the game here: https://discordapp.com/invite/analgesic
Purchase it at Bandcamp!
The game is also available on Steam.
Anodyne 2 supports Simplified Chinese, localized by Ada Wu / 一只小雨 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Updated||20 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Aug 12, 2019|
|Authors||Melos Han-Tani, Marina Kittaka|
|Tags||3D, 3D Platformer, Exploration, Lo-fi, Pixel Art, Story Rich, Surreal|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Languages||English, Chinese (Simplified)|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Playstation controller|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Vote for Anodyne 2 in the IGF Audience Choice category!20 days ago
- Anodyne 2 Coming August 12th!Aug 07, 2019
-  End of Q1 2019 UpdateApr 02, 2019
-  January 2019 UpdateJan 14, 2019
- Analgesic Connect, Holiday Sales! Subscribe to our Youtube.Dec 24, 2018
-  December UpdateDec 12, 2018
-  Beginning of November UpdateNov 07, 2018
-  End of September UpdateOct 01, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
A beautiful journey I'm extremely glad I went on. Thanks for telling this story y'all <3
no swap tool?
YOU HAD. ONE. JOB.
The game was awesome! Highly recommend you check it out.
Any chance we could ever expect a switch port? I'd love to play this a handheld console