Even the Ocean
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Even the Ocean is a narrative action platformer about balancing the Light and Dark energies that hold the world together.
From the creators of Anodyne comes a grand story about Aliph, a lowly power plant technician for Whiteforge City, who finds her world turned upside-down after a routine maintenance trip goes awry. Now, working directly with Whiteforge's Mayor Biggs to face an unknown menace, Aliph must navigate her newfound power and influence to save the city.
Aliph's journey, environmental issues and the world's fate all hang in the balance of Light and Dark energies.
- Balance your energy bar with Light and Dark energies to overcome diverse obstacles and stabilize the city.
- Meet and talk with new friends, powerful allies, and enigmatic travellers
- Explore the beautiful and strange geography in the overworld, towns, and environments surrounding Whiteforge City
- Super customizable difficulties and play styles: choose between Complete, Story-only, or Gameplay-only options to make your experience your own
Join the Analgesic Productions newsletter and more at http://www.eventheocean.com/ !
Book Report Edition:
We're proud of the story we're telling through Even the Ocean, and would love to encourage discussion about it and to hear what people think! So for a limited time, we're offering the Itch.io exclusive Book Report Edition of Even the Ocean! Simply purchase the game on Itch.io, then email email@example.com from your Itch.io-linked email address with your "book report" to receive a FREE bonus Itch.IO key for Even the Ocean.
A "book report" could be any sort of discussion of the plot, themes, characters, or atmosphere of Even the Ocean. Are there lines of dialogue that stuck with you? A musical track that really made a moment? Are there parts of the game that you didn't like or that sent mixed messages? Why? Email us a short message with some thoughts (or email us a link to a blog post where you talk about Even the Ocean), and we'll send back a Steam key so that you can share the experience with a friend!
- For other file formats, purchase at Bandcamp - the OST here is only available in MP3 V0 format. OST is about 520 MB in size.
- Budget about 500 MB for the game files.
- Even the Ocean will run at a locked 60 FPS on most computers with a GPU. For comparison, development was done with a GeForce 610M . Multiple resolution sizes and a 30 FPS mode are available for lower-performance computers.
- Some Macs have trouble running at high scaling resolutions. In this case, the problem is usually fixed by playing at a lower resolution or in 30 FPS.
- For unknown reasons, livestreaming at certain resolutions at 60 FPS causes lag in the game. I recommend 30 FPS or lowering the resolution of the game.
- For unknown reasons the sound may drop out on Macs at times. This will often fix itself after a few seconds.
- 1.014 for Windows/Mac (1/15/17)
- 1.013 for Windows (12/22/16)
|Published||1 year ago|
|Release date||250 days ago|
|Authors||Sean Han Tani, Sean Han Tani, Joni Kittaka|
|Tags||Action, Action-Adventure, Hand-drawn, narrative, Non violent, story, Story Rich|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Chinese coming soon! 76 days ago