December Update
Hi all! It's Sean Han Tani again with the monthly update. Today's update is quite short since most of it is spoken for in a video, or easy to summarize. For the rest of December we're working on a portion of the game we can't really talk publicly about... sorry! Still, I'll share what I can.
First of all, to really get a sense of what we did, I'd watch the attached video - our first "Analgesic Direct". Please be sure to retweet it on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/sean_HTCH/status/1068186040161099776
If you've got any questions, post them in the comments here and I'll address them in a separate post!
Okay, so what happened this past month?
Well, Kotaku and RockPaperShotgun wrote about Anodyne 2! Hooray!
Other than that...
First 66% of the month:
- Finished a few vital cutscenes you see throughout the game for doing important tasks. Sorry this is so vague.
- Some music got made.
- Created the stuff for that shrinking sequence: the minigame, the tunnel sequence, and the beaming-down animation once you reach 2D. As well as the various art, music and SFX for it. This was pretty time consuming but you do see it a number of times in the game, and we wanted to emphasize shrinking, so we spent a good amount of time on it.
- Something related to the end of 2D areas. Secret.
- We revealed Ridescale! https://twitter.com/sean_HTCH/status/1069275753353748482 This is a car form that you can use to travel longer distances while in 3D. You can turn into a car at any time. We thought this might be useful because of how tedious it is waiting for horses in other games.
- Usability things: dialogue you've read can now be skipped, controller buttons now appear in the dialogue if you have a controller plugged in, the camera in 3D was improved a bit to prevent less awkward clipping and movement, though some issues persist.
- Various visual polishes related to particle effects, or various smaller SFX.
- Sean went on vacation. I did a little writing and design but not much.
- Marina worked on writing and planning for a big chunk of the game.
LINKS (Copied wholesale from last month.)
- Please join our newsletter at http://analgesic.productions/ !
- Please wishlist Anodyne on Steam! https://store.steampowered.com/app/877810/Anodyne_2_Return_to_Dust/
- You might be interested in my studio Analgesic Productions's Discord Server. You can join here! https://discord.gg/7snxjmj
- Also, I'm not posting any pictures here... mainly because it's time-consuming, and there's tons of stuff over on my Twitter, so you can check that out! https://twitter.com/sean_htch
- ...Also, not that I expect anyone to notice, but, if you're wondering why everything on my Twitter is basically Anodyne 2 related, well, I moved my personal stuff over to https://twitter.com/han_tani a few months ago. Follow if you so desire! My main will pretty much be heavily content-focused until I'm able to tweet a sandwich I ate for lunch and get 5,000 retweets and 10,000 new followers.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.