Check out my latest game All Our Asias, a solo adventure game. Available for free (with paid OST and e-artbook).
I'm Sean Han Tani, a composer, independent game developer, writer and teacher.
Ideas I like or would like to explore:
- Struggles of "Asian" cultures against imperialism and white supremacy - such as xenophobic USA policy and groups (ICE), impacts of unregulated social networks like Facebook on other countries
- Masculinity amongst E. Asian boys in the USA
- Conservatism/Right-wingedness amongst 'assimilated' and first-generation Asian immigrants
- The types of relations people have or imagine to their countries of ancestral descent
- Intra-Asian power relations such as the class hierarchy of US-based Asian subgroups, implications of US race data deaggregation
- ... a lot more!
The visual style of games I am interested in creating focus more on lo-fi spaces, and ways of creating thematically relevant spaces and images in ways accessible to smaller teams. I'm a proponent of "Lo-fi Theory" and how
My longer projects, about other topics, are Anodyne (2013) and Even the Ocean (2016), collaborated on with Joni Kittaka.
I write now and then and a list of my writing is available on my website.
- Teaching game music and game design courses at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- A 3D game collaboration with Joni Kittaka
- A solo 3D game about masculinity of USA boys