Check out my latest game All Our Asias, a solo adventure game. Available for free (with paid OST and e-artbook).
I'm Sean Han Tani, a composer, independent game developer, writer and teacher.
Ideas I like or would like to explore:
- Struggles of "Asian" cultures against imperialism and white supremacy - such as xenophobic USA policy and groups (ICE), impacts of unregulated social networks like Facebook on other countries
- Masculinity amongst E. Asian boys in the USA
- Conservatism/Right-wingedness amongst 'assimilated' and first-generation Asian immigrants
- The types of relations people have or imagine to their countries of ancestral descent
- Intra-Asian power relations such as the class hierarchy of US-based Asian subgroups, implications of US race data deaggregation
- ... a lot more!
The visual style of games I am interested in creating focus more on lo-fi spaces, and ways of creating thematically relevant spaces and images in ways accessible to smaller teams.
My longer projects, about other topics, are Anodyne (2013) and Even the Ocean (2016), collaborated on with Marina Kittaka.
I write now and then and a list of my writing is available on my website.
- Teaching game music and game design courses at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- Anodyne 2 with Marina Kittaka